Our girl is 16 months old and so much fun! I love watching her personality and independence emerge, with still a lot of baby-ness. This is my favorite age!
About Miss Thing:
- Can climb the rock wall and go down the slide of Emmet's playhouse all by herself
- Colored on the wall with a sharpie and ate cat food on the same day... oops
- Loves to wear necklaces and bracelets and pretending to rub lotion on her legs
- Plays with her baby dolls now, instead of just brother's toys, and likes to tell them "shhhhh" and "nigh-nigh" and bring them to me to do the same
- Loves to be outside and playing in the water/bath time
- Said her first full sentence last week: "No no no bruh-ba, no no no! Mine! Mine!"
- Is obsessed with reading Madeline and more recently the Pat the Bunny book and Llama Llama Red Pajama.
Saying "Pooh-pooh" along with "To the tiger in the Zoo, Madeline just said 'pooh-pooh!'"
She is much more reserved with new people than Emmet has ever been, but she is a little chatter box at home and is such a ham and so funny and spirited! Not to mention, she is just plain adorable!
She is literally learning new words everyday. In fact while I was typing this she saw that picture above and said "Ma-mine" for Madeline. Here are all of her words at 16 mos:
Zzzzuu, now Zzzu-Zzzzu
Dowwww (down, she says it for up too)
Ahh da (all done)
Wy-wa (Lyla and Lily and Lali)
Da-doo (thank you)
No no no no no
Ka-kak (quack quack)
Ruf ruf ruf ruf
Boo-da (booty, as in pirate)
Pop pop (popsicle)
"No no no, bruh-ba, mine!"
Jore (George, as in Curious)