Monday, November 22, 2010

Week 12 - Lime and a Psalm


A lime! Our baby is the size of a lime - how incredible is that? For some reason that shocked me today! Maybe it's because this is the first fruit/veggie comparison that I had a frame of reference for. But a lime is pretty big! This has got to sink it soon, right??

Psalm 139:13-16
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. 

How amazing! God already knows my baby on the deepest level! He knows its thoughts, all the things it will do in life, the kind of character it will have, the personality that will emerge, all the parenting mistakes it will endure, EVERYTHING! I find it so comforting to know that God loves this baby more than Chad and I are capable, and we already love it so much! Thank you, Lord for this wonderfully made miracle you have given us!

Side note: I am going to use “it” until we find out girl or boy because it is more convenient than he/she. Also, you can vote for Baby Barnes’s gender! 

1 comment:

  1. i love that psalm! it is so comforting to know that God already knows everything, even though we are so uncertain. he knows if "it" is a boy or girl too...oh and by the way, nicole's vote is a girl. i don't vote...with a 50/50 chance you think i may take a stab at it, but i know i'd guess wrong! can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete