- Mama has Celiac Disease too! We found out in January, which is where Emmet got it from (it's genetic). My cousin and her two little boys have it as well.
- Emmet jumped up 10 percentiles every month and is now back where we started pre-sickness, around the 50th percentile! And there is no denying it in his adorable chubby little cheeks and thighs!
- Going gluten free was easier than I thought it would be; I don't think Emmet even knows that anything changed! We already ate a lot of fruits, veggies, etc. so we just eat more now! Plus we eat quinoa a few times a week, which is a healthy grain and protein.We don't eat much bread, but we do have GF bread on occasion. We love GF quinoa pasta, plus it is so much healthier than regular pasta!
- The hardest part for me is missing some of my favorite restaurants, but there are a ton with GF options.
- Let us eat cake! It was mandatory for me to figure out how we could enjoy cupcakes, cookies, etc. and we've had success! I like the mixes from Whole Foods the best, but also we like Kozy Kitchen's cakes and Tulu's Bakery! We are sooooo lucky to live in a city with so many GF options!
All in all it has been healthy for us and Emmet and I feel so much better. I wouldn't have ever wished this for us, but of all illnesses this one isn't too bad!