Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Daddy Post


Well, baby time is almost upon us. I was commenting to Shauna the other day how surreal it is that one day soon all this weight she's carrying in her fronts is gonna just fall out of her and POOF (This is an over-simplification to be sure what with the labor pains, etc.) and there's another person in the world. A person I will love instantaneously more than I have ever loved anyone ever. Birth is truly an amazing, awe-inspiring event. I feel this way now and yet I am merely on the event horizon.

As amazing as this all is sometimes I do catch myself from time to time having to remember that we are actually having a baby. It makes me smile. Our entire world is going to change. Never again will my thoughts be far from my son and my wife. I don't even think that I can truly comprehend the depth of change that we are about to experience. I guess that no one can. We don't know what we don't know. This dramatic shift in perspective will undoubtedly turn me into a much more cautious person. I have also felt that since we found out we were pregnant me and Shauna have grown so much closer. So close that any measurements between us would have lost locality a long time ago.


My wife is a wonderful woman and I am so lucky that I have her. She has been a real trooper through all of the inconvenient symptoms of pregnancy. Everyday she is more and more beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Sweetest thing ever Chad! Y'all are going to be amazing parents!!

    ReplyDelete