Monday, January 17, 2011

Whoa! We're Half Way There!

Week 20 is here! So here is the latest on Baby Boy Barnes!

Size - A banana!! Roughly 10 1/2 oz and 6 1/2 inches (this week they start measuring from head to heel instead of crown to rump because his legs are stretching out)!

Movement - All the time! I feel kicking and punching several times a day, every day! Usually late evening is when they are the most distinct because I'm lying still. Chad gets to feel them sometimes too! It is pretty fun to actually feel my little companion :)

New Talents - Swallowing! BBB is getting good practice so he will be a champion eater when we arrives.

Nursery - We are moving into our new apartment this Saturday, because every woman dreams of moving while she's 20 weeks pregnant :) Some furniture has been procured (crib and rocking chair from Zuzu), and a few decor items and stuffed animals have been purchased. Soon the nursery decorating will really begin!

Mom's Health - Feeling good! No major cravings or aversions, no nausea these days either! My blood work showed I was very low in iron (because of my pre-pregnancy anemia and the increase of blood volume), so I have started iron supplements.

Belly - I have gained 10 lbs so far! It is a crazy number to see on the scale, but I am on track with my weight gain! And the bump has arrived:

Week 17 Week 18 Week 20
*These are terrible pictures of me - but you get the idea of the growing belly*

Here is hoping for an equally great second half of pregnancy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment