Monday, January 24, 2011

Babies Babies Everywhere!

Chad and I know of about a zillion babies expected by our friends this year! Of the 5 or 6 that already know the gender - they are ALL GIRLS!! Baby Boy Barnes is going to have quite a selection of lovely ladies to date when he turns 20 :)

We are keeping up the trend of this wonderful pregnancy at 21 weeks! BBB is the length of a carrot and/or a beer bottle! My friend sent me a website with size references more dad-friendly than fruits and veggies: http://www.hisboyscanswim.com/dads-pregnancy-guide.

In other news, I seem to have an alien in my stomach. There are VISIBLE bulges almost daily as B-cubed practices somersaults, karate, and parkour (look it up). I feel very lucky to already be feeling such powerful movement and I am glad he is so strong, healthy and active! A few concerns, though:
1. Does this mean my child is already hyperactive? I am prepared to start infant ADHD intervention if this keeps up. (I am partly joking; we work on non-med depression and ADHD research studies).
2. He is mostly active in the evening. I don't know if I just don't notice it as much during the day or if it is actually less frequent. Is this going to continue as a sleep habit after birth?

We moved apartments. It sucked. We are still unpacking.

But we love our new apartment! Chad has his man cave set up and is thrilled. The baby room is currently housing all of the unpacked boxes, but soon the fun will begin! I am getting ready to register, and WOW do babies need a lot of stuff! We might have to move again.

And lastly, I put this on Facebook, but I had to share it on here too (along with some of the funny comments it solicited):

  • Just started crying while cooking dinner because I burned the onions... I guess those pregnancy hormones have really kicked in.
    January 20 at 6:55pm · Privacy: · ·
      • Emily Stephens You sure it wasn't the onions? I always cry when cooking with onions :'(
        January 20 at 6:56pm ·
      • Shauna Barnes Haha, maybe! Do onions also make you stomp your feet and yell, "Why is everything so frustrating today?!" If so, I blame the onions.
        January 20 at 7:00pm · · 2 people
      • Aly Shahan oh girl, buckle your seat belt!! haha! :)
        January 20 at 7:00pm ·
      • Leslie Ault Gamel LOL!!! I remember those moments!
        January 20 at 7:07pm ·
      • Scott Adams Poor Chad ...
        January 20 at 7:25pm ·
      • Erika George Romney Haha ohh Shauna I sooo feel you! I burst into tears and cried for about half an hour over the arrangement of our living room furniture. All I wanted to say was, "I don't really like the chair on that side of the room." But it came out between blubbering and sobs. Gotta love pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment